- Another 20+ people have resigned, taking the total to over 50
- Boris Johnson resigned as prime minister after hanging by a thread for the past two days
- Michael Gove sacked after telling Boris Johnson he should resign
- Over 30 resignations have occurred since Tuesday
- Boris Johnson called in for a Liason Committee
“I can no longer, in good conscience, continue serving in this Government.”Sajid Javid, from his resignation letter
“I have always tried to compromise in order to deliver the things you want to achieve. On those occasions where I disagreed with you privately, I have supported you publicly.”Rishi Sunak, from his resignation letter
A further 26 people resigned after Sunak and Javid on Tuesday 5 July.